Monday, November 14, 2005

More Memory!

The computer that I use every day is, if I am remembering correctly, about four and a half years old. I don't push the envelope in terms of its capacities in most respects, or at least I haven't since sound editing ceased to be a major part of my activities, but given the way in which the memory requirements of software tends to balloon with time even my fairly pedestrian-but-multitasking usage has put some strain on the rather meagre memory resources that came installed in my machine. I'm planning on getting a new computer some time in the next twelve months so normally I would hesitate to put money into the old one, but I broke down and bought a new memory card which has tripled my machine's capacity.

I am definitely noticing a difference. This is very exciting.

Yes. I am, indeed, a geek.