Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Homeschooling Article

I don't know if I haven't been reading their update emails closely enough or what, and it sure isn't posted on their site, but I discovered today (thanks to my partner) a great op/ed piece on the CBC web site called Minding Your Own: Home Based Education by Beatrice Ekwa Ekoko of Radio Free School. I saw Randy and Beatrice a week or so before this piece came out and they didn't say a thing about pending national mainstream media exposure, gosh darn their modest souls!!

Anyway, I don't think I have it in me to homeschool L, I'm ashamed to say, but I still believe it to be the politically preferable option, and my sister who has two daughters will be homeschooling them. Plus a significant proportion of those near and dear to me do or have done things related to education. So it's a topic I definitely have an interest in.

(In other news, I'm very frustrated because our phone service went from perfectly fine this morning to cutting in and out this afternoon to nonexistent tonight, and our web access from fine this morning to very patchy tonight -- this is my stay-at-home-parent's line to the outside world, people, it can't become nonfunctional!!! But we're heading out of town tomorrow anyway...)

No comments: