Sunday, May 23, 2010

Audio: Anti-Bill 94 Media Conference

Hey kids. No, I haven't forgotten about this blog, I was just caught up in finishing some Very Big Stuff. Which is now done. So I will definitely be back to blogging in my usual, vaguely regular fashion, and I may even be inspired to post more regularly than usual, though I have made no decisions yet about that.

In the meantime, take a listen to some very smart women saying very smart things about a very stupid and hateful piece of legislation -- it is a recording of a media conference by a coalition opposing Quebec Provincial Bill 94. Bill 94 proposes to ban women who wear the niqab, or facial veil, from working in the broad public sector or receiving public services in the province, and there have been rumours of similar legislation being introduced at the federal level and by other provinces.

No comments: