Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Book Suggestion?

I don't think I really get enough traffic to make asking these questions in this forum very useful, but I'll try anyway.

Can anyone recommend a general overview history of either the Caribbean as a whole or the English-speaking Caribbean that takes an anti-colonial standpoint and that extends into the second half of the twentieth century? I'm not looking for a lot of detail or to read any more than one book in this area unless absolutely necessary, but I'm not even sure that anything of this exact specification exists.

Does anyone have any recommendations for learning about pan-Africanism? Any key texts that I should be sure to get familiar with in order to do justice to contextualizing the words of an interview participant who identifies as a proponent of this school of political thought?

No comments: